How to Host a Static Website for free in GitHub?
·Sep 6, 2021·
1 min read
In 2008, GitHub Introduced the feature called GitHub Pages to Host the static webpage in GitHub.
Requirements to Host your website:
- A Static Website of Single Webpage.
- GitHub Account to Create Repository.
Let us create the GitHub account first:
(If you have already, no need to create new).
Step 1: Create an account if you don't have one.
Step 2: If you have an account already, then log in.
Step 3: Create a New Repository to Host your website.
Step 4: To Create new repository:
- Give any Repository name.
- Check the Add a Readme file.
- Click the Create repository button.
Step 5: To add files into the repository:
- Click Add file.
- Click Upload files.
Step 6: Drag all files from the local folder, where you create a website.
Step 7: Please see the below images to finish the hosting.
Step 8: Click the Check it out here!.
Step 9: Follow the instructions.
Step 10: Unique link will be generated for viewing our site.
Step 11: Congratulations, you did it! Website running successfully.
- If any problems or issues, please feel free to write a comment.
Best Wishes by Vignesh